Living in the moment has benefits for not just your happiness, but also for your physical wellbeing. It makes it easier to deal with stress and anxiety in every aspect of life, and allows you to be more authentic. You are more aware of what is happening around your surroundings and can focus on what is happening in you.
Living in the present moment is important because it can help you be more mindful and aware of what’s going on. Mindfulness leads to a more stable mental state that is less likely to worry about the past, get carried away with anxiety for the future, or experience excessive fear. The only thing you can control is the moment you happen to be in at this exact moment.
Starting your day with a positive mindset sets the tone for the rest of the day. Think about how much better you’d feel when you wake up and start working while not feeling stressed or rushed.
Unfortunately, a lot of people start their days feeling like they’re already on edge. The first part that lives your happy life is practice these five exercises that can help you wake up feeling rejuvenated and ready to go for the day:
1. You should wake up earlier in the morning. Wake up early will leave you with plenty of time to start your day on a good note and it’ll allow you more time to take care of yourself and enjoy what life has to offer.
2. Notice the thoughts you have as you wake up each morning. Waking up feeling anxious or dreading the day sets a negative tone for your entire day. Once you’re aware of this habit, you can change it. Start to change your mindset and try observing your thoughts instead. Separate yourself from them and watch them without feeling the need to react or think about what they mean.
3. Practice mindful breathing. Awareness of your breaths helps to put you in a state of present-moment awareness, the perfect way to start any morning. Relaxing and de-stressing can be accomplished by taking slow, deep breaths. Your heart rate may calm down, and your muscles relax as your breathing gets slower and deeper.
4. Make your bed after wake up. If you make your bed, it is good to impact your other habits for the next day. On the other hand, making your bed will give you a sense of accomplishment and make you more productive for the rest of the day. People who make their beds may also be better with their finances.
5. A great way to start the day is with an energizing shower and a few minutes of meditation. Start practicing deep thinking or focusing on positive thoughts to take throughout the day. Being in the warm water is a great way to relax your mind so that it has time to focus and free itself up for positive thoughts.
Worrying about the future or the past is a solid sign that you’re not living in the moment. This habit prevents you from seeing possible solutions and being creative. It makes it hard to take on new challenges confidently or to make decisions. So the second part is to live your happy life immediately by worry less about these aspects of life:
1. Bills are relentless. And if you ignore them, the problem only gets worse. But everyone has bills, and worrying and letting them run your life won’t help you enjoy life.
Take control of your finances by creating a budget. Apart from the benefits of a budget alone, you may be able to get rid of expenses that don’t align with your values and priorities. Pay off debts to family and friends first before paying off those to others. These are the people you can depend on when you are in a tough situation.
2. Another thing that can cause worry is money. Instead of constantly stressing over how little you have, try focusing on the things that make you happy instead.
It’s not always about the amount of time or the funds available to you; and it’s about your mindset and what you decide to do with it.
Pursue work that you are passionate about and always be fulfilled. This saves you from feeling motivated by money in your choices.
3. The past isn’t something that needs to be revisited. However, it would be best if you did not spend your life regretting the past. It has passed and cannot be undone.
Yesterday is important to draw lessons from and learn from, but it shouldn’t stop you from living for today. So keep on focusing on this moment, whatever you’re doing at this moment.
4. The key to success is not always sticking to what you were doing and not paying attention to those who will try to bring you down. These types of “haters” are only voicing how they feel and do not have any real power over your life or career.
It’s hard to control what other people think of you, but it’ll hinder your success if you care too deeply about it. So instead, focus on being kind & compassionate and don’t worry about the haters.