The way you speak to yourself is a very important factor in how you see the world and your place in it. Your inner voices determine your thoughts and actions, and therefore this is the most important driving force behind your behavior. So it is very easy to change this self-talk through the subconscious and guide you from where you are now to where you want to go.
To eliminate unwanted behaviors and create new ones, you now know that you must change your emotional reactions and thoughts about certain things in life. The fastest way to do this is to change your inner voices or self-talk.
How to make self-talk work for you?
When you say something to yourself habitually, it has a profound impact on your self-image, self-esteem, performance, and finally success. So, your subconscious will trigger your behavior and action to match the pictures and thoughts that having in yourself and make things happen. By keeping your positive self-talk, then you will achieve the positive result that you desire.
Positive people explain bad things by externalizing them (“This is government policy”). They think they are temporary (“It depended on people reaction.”). They think they are isolated (“There are certain things that cannot do, but…”).
When they explain good things, they internalize them (“Life is so good!”), think they are more or less permanent changes (“Now I know how to do it.”), and summarize them (” “Things are going well.”).
Negative people explain bad things by internalizing them (“it’s me again!”). They think they are permanent (“why always like this”). They generalized it (“Life is terrible!”).
When they explain good things, they externalize them (“That’s just lucky.”), think they are temporary (“Today is going well!”), and only see them in a specific condition (“At least this time is right.”).
A powerful and effective step in active self-talk is meditation and relaxation. This simple and often overlooked technique can be accomplished by simply sitting on a chair or on the floor, and then listening to cool and relaxing music, or performing any relaxing exercise. The main task of positive self-talk is to clear out all the negative thoughts in a person’s mind, so by putting a person in a relaxed state, all negative thoughts will be eliminated from the mind, this state will make a person have a positive emotion. After a period of time, these positive emotions will find their way in reality.
Another technique for active self-talk is what we call affirmation. This affirmation must be a positive statement and supported by a positive thought. This method often repeats positive statements a few times daily according to the situation.
Below is a guideline to help you use the powerful tool of affirmative statements as an important psychological reminder technique:
(1) Let the statement be your own personal statement. Rather than being arbitrary or generalizing. Use the phrase “I”, your own name, or “you”.
(2) Keep affirmative sentences short. If you can’t remember these affirmative sentences, how can they be used?
(3) Express your affirmation positively. The mind will accept what you give it as truth. Use only positive words as affirmative sentences. Do not use any negative words. For example, “I will not be nervous when in the competition.” Instead says “I will be calm and confident during the competition.”
(4) Contain a positive emotion. A phrase that elicits positive emotions can strengthen the positive effect. For example, “I must complete the goal in one week, which excites me!”
(5) State affirmative sentences as facts. State the goal as if it is happening, even if you haven’t achieved it yet. Your subconscious mind believes in any way and works hard to make them into a reality.
(6) Say your affirmative sentence at least 6 times a day. Repetition is the key to success. Repetition can enhance self-confidence, act as a reminder, and stimulate your subconscious mind to help you achieve your goals.
Do you want to continuously motivate yourself through your thoughts and the inner words you speak?
If the answer is yes, then subconscious programming may be the fastest and easiest way. You can literally reprogram any habit or behavior and install a new set of self-talk on any topic you wish. You can change any area of your life and guide your destiny through the power of your thoughts, emotions and actions!